Confidence is something you create within yourself by believing in who you are
Today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday is about having self confidence in your ability as a mum.
SuperMum Barbara Liquorish is mum to 5 year old James and 2 year old William, and although she freely admits she doesn’t always gets it right, she has a deeply ingrained believe in her ability to succeed.
16 years as a mental care nurse has given Barbara insights and first hand knowledge of people who are vulnerable and desperate, but she’s taken the experience, knowledge and observations of her work and transferred them to her life as a mother.
In this episode you’ll discover why Barbara doesn’t use parenting books, but instead looks closely at what’s under her nose to find the right answers. She talks about how we mums can figure out what the right course of action is, despite the huge amount of information that is available to us. And we discuss why in our generation, we can often feel isolated as a mum, and left alone to work it out the whole motherhood thing for ourselves
I love that Barbara is such a confident parent. I love that she won’t be bullied. I love that she holds onto her own core values and has a real understanding of herself, and that she puts that into her parenting.
I know that you’ll love listening to her insights on the show today.
Click to Listen:
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- The different types of conflicts we face as mothers and how we deal with opposing advice
- How we gain confidence as mothers when our baby is born, and then transfer that skill to our children as they get older
- How in our generation, we can often feel isolated as a mum, and left alone to work it out for ourselves
- Barbara’s opinion of ‘official help’, and whether she actually finds it helpful
- How to take the information we have and use it to form a solid opinion about what is best for ourselves and our family
- Why Barbara completely rejects being bullied by other people
- The ways in which we can build our confidence as mothers and the key attributes of being confident as a mum
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Please leave a comment:
If you have a question or want some advice from a trained mental health nurse of 16 years, ask away!
And let us know in the comments, do you feel confident as a parent? What draws your confidence and what do you do to try and top it up?
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
YOU TUBE VIDEO: Who would you most like to have dinner with?
BOOK RECOMMENDATION: George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/017
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
And don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!
Join Lisa York ....
.... and never miss a trick again!