True teams are made when you put aside individual wants for collective good
True teams are made when you put aside individual wants for collective good.
That quote certainly sums up my Mum-to-mum Monday guests today.
And yes, I did say guests. Because both members of an incredible husband-wife team are with me today, which also means we have our very first SuperDad on the show.
SuperMum, Angie-Newby Stubbs and her husband Ian Hunt have been together for 14 years and have two adorable daughters aged 8 and 2.
Angie and Ian both work in the construction industry. Angie as a designer, and Ian an architectural designer.
This time last year, Angie and Ian agreed to make a radical role change when Angie returned to work full time and became the family breadwinner and Ian took on the role of caring for their children and managing the home.
Listen in to find out why they made this decision, the effects it’s had on them as a couple and a family, and how things are working out one year on.
Click to Listen:
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- What Angie and Ian’s life was like before they swapped roles, verses what it is like now
- Why they decided to make this radical change and what other people think about their decision
- How Ian sees his identity as a full time dad, and whether other mums make him welcome
- How domestic duties are divided, how they see their respective roles, and whether Ian does the chores to Angie’s liking
- Whether Ian and Angie would recommend this lifestyle to other couples
- If there is room for two professionals in the household, and the financial implications of having just one person working
- What Angie and Ian like, and dislike about their lifestyle
- The emotions Angie feels around being away from her children, and being responsible for keeping a roof over their heads
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Please leave a comment:
Let me know. Would you consider being the family breadwinner? Is that a lifestyle that would work for you? Or are you already in that role?
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
BOOK RECOMMENDATION: Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Dr. Sue Johnson
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/015
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
And don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!
Join Lisa York ....
.... and become the mum you dreamed you'd be