If you’re a mother, then you’re already having an impact on the world. Yes indeed-ee.
In today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday, we’ll be discovering how to set the burning desire in your belly ablaze.
As a busy mum with competing demands and limited time you often feel torn and pulled in different directions. You pour out so much of yourself, your emotions, your energy into your family. It can feel like you’re carrying so much, but at the same time being ‘unproductive’ in the world’s eyes, despite wanting to make your mark.
But we’re going to give you another perspective.
My guest today is SuperMum Kate Greenstock
Kate, her husband, and their three children, who are 13, 11 and 7, live near Richmond Park in Greater London where she loves to breathe, cycle and deer stalk. Transitioning from a calling-the-shots career woman, to being a mother with no rule book to follow, proved to be more of a challenge than Kate expected.
But she found a solution, and along with it, her calling to help other mothers who were also feeling lost in motherhood.
At Wild Rubies, Kate helps mums to feel like they’re truly living, rather than just existing; re-discovering themselves and re-imagining their work lives in the process.
If you’re tired of being seen as just a worker or just a mother, Kate will help you find a way forward. Then you get to be seen by the world full and whole, and in creative technicolour.
Kate gives you permission to take the space to breathe and find the clarity needed to set your eyes on what’s ahead for you.
I’m so excited to welcome Kate to my show because she will teach you to be more like your children – incomplete, imperfect, curious, daring, outrageous and completely loved – and in doing so, fuel that fire in your belly.
Click to Listen:
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- Why every mother is unique and has her own special impact on the world, and how to discover those qualities in yourself
- How Kate overcame her struggle of moving from a corporate career to motherhood where there is no formula, no costume, nowhere to hide and worst of all, no map or guide
- Why understanding our own core beliefs and values acts as a foundation stone for the way we are as women and mothers
- Kate’s opinion of change and how we can better handle change in our lives
- How as mums we can connect with our instincts to find our ‘thing’
- How we can find our purpose in a crazy mummy world
- How we can move away from the old and venture into something that suits us better
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Tell me what you think?
If you have a question or want some advice from a bold mother who can help you birth something brilliant, ask away.
And let us know in the comments. Do you have something humming away in your pocket? Is it time to pull it out and discover its beauty, or do you need to be patient until the time is right?
Kate and I are waiting to hear you comments and help you out as much as possible.
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
KATE’S WEBSITE: Wild Rubies
ORGANISATION: Mothers at Home Matter
- What Mothers Do: Especially When it Looks like Nothing by Naomi Stadlen
- What Color Is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard N. Bolles
- Hold Me Tight: Your Guide to the Most Successful Approach to Building Relationships by Dr Sue Johnson
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/037
More from The SuperMum Podcast
Don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!