You can live the life that feels so good to you
In today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday we’ll be discussing how you can shift your experience as a mum by changing the way you deal with all that life throws at you. And it’s done through the use of mindfulness and meditation.
My guest today is SuperMum, Ali Katz.
Ali’s a mindfulness coach, meditation teacher, author, wife and mum to two boys aged 11 and 9. She loves sharing her passion for living a balanced life with others, and has been featured on MindBodyGreen, Style magazine, Fox 26 News, HerFuture, Houston Family magazine, and LiveMom.com. When not meditating, writing, teaching, or spending time with her family in Houston, Texas, Ali enjoys running, practicing yoga, and sipping tea.
Ali’s mission is to inspire mothers to leave overwhelm, stress and guilt behind and embrace a life of balance, presence and joy. What I love about what Ali has to share is that she keeps it real. She’s a busy mum herself, so she gets that you don’t have spare time to head off to a mountain top to sit cross-legged saying omm’s.
Instead she brings mindfulness and meditation right back into your crazy life, and teaches you how to stay calm and balanced even when you’re scraping dried on Weetabix off the carpet. Again.
I’m delighted to welcome Ali to my show as she’ll walk you through the reasons why meditation and mindfulness are so important in your every day life. And she’s here to help you see the importance of taking time to make sure you really are your very best self.
Click to Listen:
In this episode, we talk about:
- How a serious illness was just the wake up call Ali needed to transform the ‘Hot Mess’ that dominated her early parenting years
- The difficulty in fitting mindfulness into your busy life, and the 3 keys to successful meditation practise
- The science. If you like facts, here’s the evidence of how meditation can rewire your brain
- The simple exercise of having a stress/gratitude list and how to make it work in your life as a busy mum
- Trigger plans for managing stress quickly – get into a better state in just 60 seconds
- How mindfulness and meditation can help you make more considered and sensible parenting choices
Hope you enjoy todays show!
JOIN SUPERMUM NOW!
Tell me what you think?
If you want to leave a comment for Ali, we’d love you to come and say hello.
And let us know in the comments;
Are you a ‘Hot Mess’ mum or a mindful one?. Perhaps like me, you’re somewhere in between. Have you got any great tips to help keep your cool when things go crazy?
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
- Get the Most Out of Motherhood: A Hot Mess to Mindful Mom Parenting Guide by Ali Katz
- Hot Mess to Mindful Mom: 40 Ways to Find Balance and Joy in Your Every Day by Ali Katz
PROFILE: Marianne Williamson
PROFILE: Gabrielle Bernstein
PSSST, IS IT JUST ME? Thanks to Benny age 4 from Canberra, Australia.
If you would like your little one to feature at the end of my show, send me an email and I’ll tell you how
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/061
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
More from The SuperMum Podcast
Don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!
Join Lisa York ....
.... and become the mum you dreamed you'd be