Our strengths come so naturally to us that usually we dismiss them
In today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday we’ll be discussing blended families, forging a career you love and how to stay on top of work and home.
My guest today is SuperMum, Fay Wallis.
Fay lives in Greater London, with her husband, Ian and their sons who are 10 and 5 years. Fay’s blended family is a labyrinth, spanning two generations. Her parents having been married 4 times, she has two half siblings, two full siblings and 2 step siblings. This helped Fay to negotiate the logistics of parenting children with vast age ranges and different needs. For when she married Ian, he too had children from his first marriage, and she became a step-mother herself.
Whilst juggling the logistics of organising Sunday lunches and enough birthday and Christmas presents to serve a small army, Fay forged a successful career in HR. She later trained to become a Career Coach, helping people to access the tools to empower themselves to lead a fulfilling working life.
Fay will help us navigate the maze of returning to work, changing career and spending quality time with family, all whilst finding enough time to look after herself too.
I am excited to welcome Fay to my show today where she will tell us all about her busy life and empower you to live the career and home lives you deserve.
Click to Listen:
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Fay balances a busy schedule of family events whilst running her own business
- Fay’s advice for re-entering the work place after a career break
- How to make your network work for you both, personally and professionally
- Fitting quality time in with all family members when they are at different stages with different needs
- Time management in your career without being thought of as ‘slacking’
- What inspired Fay to launch her own business
- Managing your employers and colleagues expectations
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Tell me what you think?
If you want to leave a comment for Fay, whether it’s about the practicalities of blending many branches and generations of family; or how to handle a return to work and have a rewarding career, then we’d love you to come and say hello.
And let us know in the comments;
Are you from a blended family? How do you manage your career and family?
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
- Website: Bright Sky Career Coaching
- Facebook: Bright Sky Career Coaching
- Twitter: Bright Sky Coach
- LinkedIn: Bright Sky Coaching
ARTICLE’S BY FAY:
- Unleash the Power of Your Network
- Are Your Email Habits Damaging Your Career? (where we talked about eating the frog first)
- 003: A Complete Guide to Returning to Work with Impact | Lucy Pollard
- 035: Seek Out Your Strengths and Discover the Best Possible You | Nikki Smith
- 043: Reclaim You; How to Reignite you Passion, Power and Purpose | Sally Thibault
PROFILE: Laura Stack
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- Eat That Frog!: Get More of the Important Things Done by Brian Tracy
BOOK RECOMMENDATION: Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action by Susan Jeffers
PSSST, IS IT JUST ME?: Thanks to Dylan age 7 from London, UK
If you would like your little one to feature at the end of my show, send me an email and I’ll show you how
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/053
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
More from The SuperMum Podcast
Don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!
Join Lisa York ....
.... and become the mum you dreamed you'd be