BIRTH TRAUMA CONFERENCE:
- Free annual conference run by Dr Rebecca Moore in East London, UK each December. Next conference December 2019. Email Dr Rebecca Moore at email@example.com to make a booking.
ARTICLES BY DR REBECCA MOORE:
- Wijma K, Soderquist J, Wijma B. Posttraumatic stress disorder after childbirth: A cross sectional study. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. 1997;11(6):587-97.
- Czarnocka J, Slade P. Prevalence and predictors of post-traumatic stress symptoms following childbirth. British Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2000;39:35-51.
- Ayers S, Harris R, Sawyer A, Parfitt Y, Ford E. Posttraumatic stress disorder after childbirth: Analysis of symptom presentation and sampling. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2009;119:200-4.
- Ford E, Ayers S. Support during birth interacts with prior trauma and birth intervention to predict postnatal post-traumatic stress symptoms. Psychology and Health. in press.
- Soet J, Brack G, Dilorio C. Prevalence and predictors of women’s experience of psychological trauma during childbirth. Birth. 2003;30:36-46.
- Birth Talk: Australian website helping to Make Birth Better
- Make Birth Better: Raising awareness of the lasting impact of traumatic birth. Maps out local UK geographical resources for birth trauma support.
- Birth Trauma Association: Helping people traumatised by childbirth. Has some good links to phone lines/peer group forums. UK; Australasia
- Positive Birth Stories: Real life positive birth stories
- Tell Me a Good Birth Story: Spreading positive childbirth experiences
- Maternity Experience (#MatExp): A wonderful forum for professionals and those with lived experience to safely and respectfully ask any kind of question around maternity, promote best practise, events. Highly recommended by Dr Rebecca Moore, and a very inspiring innovative group. UK based.
- Peanut: Meet likeminded mamas near you
- Mush: Local UK social network for making new mum friends
- Calm: Mindfulness and Meditation App
- Headspace: Meditation made simple
FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM:
- Mumologist @mumologist: Emma Svanberg, Perinatal clinical psychologist, hypnobirth teacher, feminist, mama. Campaigning to Make Birth Better
- Suzy Reading @suzyreading: Self-Care Coach, Psychologies Mind Editor, Neom Organics Psychology Expert, Speaker, Yoga Teacher, Mummy and Author of The Self Care Revolution. Check out her interview on The SuperMum Podcast; 103: Nourish and Flourish with The Self-Care Revolution with Suzy Reading
- Mothers Wellness Toolkit @mothers.wellness.toolkit: Mental health warrior and author of The SuperMum Myth. Check out her interview on The SuperMum Podcast; 102: Busting The Supermum Myth: Does she Really Exist? with Anya Hayes
- Wild Fig Nutrition @wildfignutrition: Alison Barker, Nutritional Therapist in training with a particular focus on pregnancy, fertility, postnatal nutrition and womens’ health
- When the Bough Breaks @whentheboughbreaksdoc: Maternal mental health, US based. Feature length documentary about postpartum depression & postpartum psychosis. Narrated/Exec Prod by Brooke Shields. Avail on both Netflix & Itunes
- The Sex Doctor @thesexdoctor: Clinical Psychologist, Psychosexologist & sex science geek. Director at The Havelock Clinic. On a mission to help people have better sex.