Build on your strengths and your weaknesses will take care of themselves
In today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday, we’ll be talking about how to discover, understand and use your true strengths. As women we’re often quick to identify our weaknesses, but are much more reserved when it comes to seeking out our strengths. The thing is, if we can play to our strengths and see them as our superpowers, we can use them to our advantage.
My guest today is SuperMum Nikki Smith
Nikki is a Psychologist and Career Coach, and the mum of two daughters who are 7 and 4. She’s a keen surfer loves to catch the waves at the beach near her home in Barwon Heads in Australia.
In her work, Nikki focuses on helping her clients get to know their true strengths and encourages them to leverage those strengths to transform their work life into something that they’re passionate about.
In todays show, Nikki teaches us that your true strengths are activities that energise you, and that you find ease with. The great thing about understanding your strengths, is that you can employ them in all areas areas of your life, including your role as mum.
When you discover your strengths, you gain clarity, confidence and momentum in your life; and when you play to them, you double your productivity, resilience and creativity.
I’m really excited to talk to Nikki today because she will help you understand your strengths and in doing so, discover the best possible you.
Click to Listen:
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- Why women find easy to identify their weaknesses, yet so difficult to uncover their strengths
- How Nikki managed to create a dream life, and work that she loves, around her strengths
- The benefits of understanding our strengths and how we can figure out what our strengths are
- Whether it’s worthwhile spending our time and energy turning our weaknesses into strengths
- How we can use our own personal strengths to double our productivity, resilience and creativity
- The power of ‘mini-experiments’ and how we can use them to help us find the right path
- How to stop fear and self doubt from holding us back from forging ahead with something new
- How to break through the barriers that hold us back from creating an optimal life
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Tell me what you think?
If you have a question or want some advice from a Psychologist and Career Coach who specialises in finding your strengths, ask away.
And tell us in the comments. What are your strengths? Don’t be shy – it’s about time we mums start announcing our strengths loud and proud.
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
NIKKI’S WEBSITE: Nikki Smith: Transform Your Work Life
FREE GIVEAWAY: Strengths Guide
BOOK RECOMMENDATION: The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/035
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
More from The SuperMum Podcast
Don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!
Lisa York believes a happy mum brings up happy kids who become happy adults.
Staying positive can be an ongoing challenge in the frantic and highly-charged world of motherhood. But like all busy mums, she’s trying.
Lisa currently lives in Canberra, Australia with her husband and their four kids aged 8, 6, 5 and 3.