Follow your gifts .… and it will take you to where you are meant to be
In today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday, you’ll learn how to ‘Risk Forward™’. Motherhood can be a time of great uncertainty and it’s hard to figure out the best way forward. You’re often left without direction as to the right path to choose. Turns out, that’s a good thing.
My guest today is Victoria Labalme.
Victoria, who has four adult step-children and lives with her husband in New York, is a Strategic Performance Coach and Performing Artist. She’s an accomplished keynote and TEDx speaker, and has been in professional show business for over two decades. Her impressive list of clients include corporate giants such as Starbucks, Microsoft and PayPal.
Although Victoria commonly helps elite entrepreneurs, best-selling authors and C-suite executives to communicate with confidence, authenticity and impact, her work can also be applied to mums. In fact, the concept of Risking Forward™ aligns perfectly with mums because it’s something you already do so naturally without even realising it.
Rather than feeling lost, Victoria teaches you that stepping forward, slightly off balance with your heart open can be a beneficial way to live your life. Uncertainty is actually a virtue, and we need to embrace it and find confidence in it.
I’m so excited to welcome Victoria to my podcast because she shows you that, as she says in her Risk Forward™ TEDx talk, “Periods of uncertainty, when a path or a project is not yet clear, are fertile and full of promise and that they are to be respected and honoured.”
Click to Listen:
In this episode, we talk about:
- What it means to Risk Forward™ and how Risking Forward™ can benefit mums
- Why mums suffer from ‘decision-pressure’ and ‘goal-anxiety’, and how you can alleviate it
- Why being busy and being tired have become status symbols
- How you can jump off the hamster wheel, slow down, and stop being so busy, busy, busy
- What is ‘The Throughline™’, and how you can connect to it
- How to have the courage to follow the right path for you, even if everyone thinks otherwise
- How to have confidence in yourself, even when you feel like you’re getting it wrong
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Tell me what you think?
What do you think of the concept of Risking Forward™? Can you make a virtue out of the uncertainty you face in your life?
Let me know in the comments.
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
VICTORIA’S WEBSITE: Victoria Labalme
WEBSITE: Rock The Room Online
WEBSITE: Rock The Room Live
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Arm in Arm: A Collection of Connections, Endless Tales, Reiterations, and Other Echolalia by Remy Charlip
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/041
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
More from The SuperMum Podcast
Don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!