Laughter is brightest where food is best [Irish Proverb]
Today’s episode of Mum-to-Mum Monday is all about managing to eat nutritious food in spite of being rushed off your feet.
Now, I’ll be honest with you, but whenever I hear anything about healthy eating, my eyes start to glaze over. I’m not sure why, because I’m a complete foodie. I love to cook, I love healthy natural ingredients, heck, I even like grocery shopping.
But that whole healthy eating monologue I find, well…. kinda dull.
That was, until I met Mandie Spooner. Mandie is a Nutritional Therapist, living in the beautiful Northern Beaches of Sydney, Australia. Mandie brings a special sparkle to eating great food, and she doesn’t even mention quinoa, or chickpeas.
You’ll love this show because Mandie teaches us about how we can incorporate more broccoli into our busy life in a fun and informative way.
And the best bit? Mandie even gives you permission to eat CAKE!
Click to Listen:
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- About the different dieting trends and the confusion that often surrounds them
- Mandie debunks the myths to help you find an eating style that works best for you and your body
- We discuss the dreaded sugar and why so many of us, myself included, are addicted to the stuff. But more importantly, Mandie will help us kick the habit
- Mandie teaches you how to streamline and systemetise your meal planning, so even though you’re busy, you don’t have to compromise on eating well
- We discuss making healthy choices on the go, so if you get held up and it’s dinner time, you don’t always have to resort to taking the kids to McDonalds
Hope you enjoy todays show!
Leave a comment:
Tell us in the comments. What’s your biggest struggle with eating healthy food? Has that changed since you’ve had children? If you want some free nutritional advice from an expert, take advantage right now. Mandie and are are here to answer your questions.
Now, Go Conquer Motherhood!
Lisa York x
MANDIE’S WEBSITE: Viva Health and Wealth
WEBSITE: I Quit Sugar with Sarah Wilson
BOOK: The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
FIND TODAY’S SHOW AT: www.Lisa-York.com/007
YOU TUBE VIDEO: Since broadcasting, I came across this. How to end sugar cravings with EFT. It might seem a bit woo-woo but it really works. Give it a try. I haven’t eaten sugar for over three weeks!
PODCAST: What are your agreements? Lewis Howes does a 5 minute review on The Four Agreements. I came across this by chance just days after I interviewed Mandie. Great review from my favourite podcast.
PRODUCT: Stayfresh Longer Bags. (Type ‘Stayfresh Longer Bags into the search). I absolutely swear by these and have used them ever since I bought my first home 20 years ago. I even get my mum to post them to me in Australia when I run out. They keep fruit and vegetables fresh and crisp for weeks on end.
Fan of The SuperMum Podcast
And don’t forget to share The SuperMum Podcast with all your friends!